Thursday, February 2, 2012

Day 2

Highway 99 between Lodi and Bakersfield might be the most depressing, soul-less stretch of road I've ever traveled. I stopped in an area called Chowchilla to use the bathroom at a McDonalds, thinking that I would buy a cookie so I wouldn't feel guilty about just using their facilities. Once in line, I was soon joined by about six thuggish looking dudes, who very politely said "excuse me" before cutting in line in front of me. I left without the cookie. When I perform a Google search for "Chowchilla", the first option that comes up on the auto-fill is "Chowchilla Prison". 'Nuff said.

Rikki is an illegal at the Ramada Inn in Barstow. I first went to the Quality Inn, where they told me they didn't have any pet friendly rooms available. They referred me to the Ramada Inn across the street, but I didn't want to risk getting the same response, so I just didn't mention him when I checked in. I had to sneak him and his liter box in via a distant entrance, because our room is really close to the front desk.

I hope I don't get food poisoning from the seafood pasta I ordered from the Italian restaurant up the street. I just ate a LOT of it, so if I am going to be sick, it's going to be spectacular.






2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is "Chowchilla" named like that because they eat chinchillas there?

    And that's all I got. Good night!

    P.S.: Yup, I wouldn't eat seafood pasta that far away from civilization. Hope it turns out fine.

    ReplyDelete